Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

All the Hype...

There's been a lot of hype about the new game, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. It is supposed to be the most complex and photo realistic game ever, for the xbox 360. According to all the reviews and play testers it is absolutely gonna raise the bar on video games from here out. I had to have one for myself. So I attended the Midnight Party at gamestop the night it came out and waited in line to get my new console. My friends, Brandon, Thomas Temple, Thomas Willard and I pulled up to the Cookeville gamestop at about 10:30. Already there was a huge crowd gathered to play the game and the majority were huddled around 4 42" lcd televisions. They were running a mini-tournament of sorts and allowed the players to play in 2 minute intervals before they had to relinquish the consoles to other fans. I had no intention of signing up to play I was just worried when I would get my game and be able to go home and try it out myself. I pushed my way through the crowd and into the store to get my ticket to wait in line. "Make sure to hold onto this or you lose your console." were the words that stuck in the back of my mind. I kept checking my wallet repeatedly to make sure I hadn't lost the receipt. I didn't really want to watch the game being played as it would only make me more anxious. So I went back to my car where we huddled around listening to a mixed playlist of Lynard Skynard, Led Zeppelin, Soundgarden, and Def Lepard. We finally noticed the large group of people starting to make a single line which we took as a good sign to make our way to the store front. Seemed like it took forever for me to find my spot in line, 72, and even longer to get my game but it all payed off when I picked it up off the counter. We were all tired but we stayed awake contemplating how awesome the game would be. By the time we got back to Crossville everyone was teetering in and out of consciousness so we decided to split and drop everyone off at the house. Thomas Temple decided to stay the night and spent 15 minutes hooking up his xbox to start the game. I was busy making my bed. I walked into my bedroom as he put the finishing touches on the machine and fell onto my bed to watch. I passed out. I woke up the next morning 30 minutes late so I hurried to get ready for school. I returned home later that evening and held the controller in my hand. I stuck the game in and played until I went to bed. Definitely worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment