Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

Cumberland Ridge

I've recently been hired on as a caregiver for an assisted living facility in Crossville Tennessee. The name of the facility and Cumberland Ridge Assisted living and my job requires me to take on quite a bit of responsibility. I'm responsible for the residents pills, I give hand them out at the times stated by their doctors. There is a lot of medicine to deal with and it can get a bit overwhelming. Though most of the medicine they get may not be dentramental to their health, there is a few that could really hurt them if given at the wrong time or in too much quantities. I am also required to serve the residents meals, clean their rooms, and other things you hear of housekeepers doing. But at the end of the day all the hard work pays off, not just because of the money but because all the socializing and interesting things you learn from them. Many of the older residents have a lot of awesome stories to tell and some even have journals and heirlooms that date back hundreds of years ago. I can say I've had a few interesting jobs in my life, I once worked at a tv station, I worked for the Cumberland County Fire Department, and I've worked nearly all my life with my father in some form of a rock quarry. However, this job really seems like one that is gonna be one of the best experiences of my life. Sometimes even my coworkers have interesting stories of their own. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment