Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cody D's writing experiences.

Many people may look at writing as something they have to do. Something they are required to do for a class, a job, or simply to communicate with others. There are some people who feel writing is a way to express themselves or a way to break away from the norm. Some people find writing enjoyable and therefore they do so for a living. I used to write because I had to, but now I write because it gives me something to do. I also write because it helps me understand more about the topic at hand. In the earlier years of my elementary career I struggled in reading and writing, but thanks to the intervention of my family, I overcame that obstacle and since then have done well in my junior high and high school endeavors. At the end of junior high I felt confident enough to sign up for honors classes in english and writing when I entered high school. All four years of high school included honors english at some point or another, and those classes consisted of writing essays, poems, and short stories to some degree.

I feel that more people should write on a daily basis or even a weekly basis. This would not only allow people to vent but would also make them more confident about writing if the need arises at work or in class or anywhere. I look forward to this years Writing 1 class with Mr. Andy because he seems exciting and open to the many personalities that have found their way into his
classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Everything was short and to the point. I was able to have a good picture of how you feel about writiing and you have a lot of the same struggles that I did when I was younger. It was an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete