Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Profiles

It really seems to me that writing a profile is going to be a rough experience. Having to find someone to interview, then actually conducting the interview, and making a transcript of the interview, which takes a substantial amount of time, seems like a lot of effort to put into a paper that will probably take a relatively less time to actually write. Maybe all the extra effort being put forth is as important as the end result. If someone actually takes the time to break down the process and work through it then they may not only get a great paper but might also feel more confident if a similar need arises.

Cookie Master
This profile really did not hold my attention for very long, though it mainly is probably attributed to the fact that I'm not interested in how fortune cookies are made. However I do think the writer portrayed her subject in a very distinct way. For those willing to read the text you may find that the writing style is one that better suits you for when you actually decide to write your papers.

Ole Mr. Depp
Well I guess this story held me mainly because it was a guy I have heard about. I say held my attention I should probably say grabbed my attention, the actual writing held my attention. Johnny Depp has played in many movies which I enjoy and I felt that the writer did a very good job at keeping needless information out of his story. I thought it interesting learning some of the traits about the actor that almost made him seem kind of normal perhaps. Not sure if I put that in a way that really gets my point across but you almost seem to sort of relate better to a subject when it demonstrated to you in the way that this story was about Depp. All in all I believe this is a good read and recommend it. It seems to be a stable and well thought out indication of a top-notch profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment